Hilarious Lies About Global Warming

Now these are some rigged facts

Posted: May 28 2006, 06:38 AM
I can't believe there is still a debate about this- here's a group of retards who were hired to skew facts to benefit oil companies- too bad the scientists behind the studies they used came out and said they were full of shit:

Scientist to CEI: You Used My Research To "Confuse and Mislead"

The business-backed Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) released two ads last week to "counter global warming alarmism."

One of the ads says research shows "The Antarctic ice sheet is getting thicker, not thinner. . . Why are they trying to scare us?" Actually, scientists say increased snowfall in Antarctica's interior is evidence that global warming is taking place.  Scientists also say that the ice sheet is melting at the ocean's edge and a recent report says it is shrinking overall.

The ads drew a protest from a University of Missouri professor who says they are "a deliberate effort to confuse and mislead the public about the global warming debate." He said one of them misuses a study he published in Science magazine last year on the Antarctic ice sheet. An editor of Science also said the ads misrepresent the findings of that study as well as a second study on Greenland's glaciers.

The second CEI ad notes that carbon dioxide (CO2) is "essential to life," and says, "they call it pollution. We call it life." That ad fails to mention that too much CO2 can cause global temperatures to rise or that there is more of it in the atmosphere than any time during the last 420,000 years.

CEI, which gets just over 9 per cent of its budget from Exxon Mobil Corporation, said it was only trying to make sure the public hears "both sides of the story."

http://www.factcheck.org/article395.html
Posted: May 28 2006, 07:13 AM
Is it your contention that there are no reputable scientists that disagree with the global warming disaster sceniero? Also, just out of curiousity, if inteligent design is such as joke why does Yale University have a school of divinity?
Posted: May 28 2006, 12:38 PM
QUOTE (bwyble @ May 28 2006, 09:13 AM)
Is it your contention that there are no reputable scientists that disagree with the global warming disaster sceniero? Also, just out of curiousity, if inteligent design is such as joke why does Yale University have a school of divinity?

Well, there are few scientists who don't agree that it's occuring, but why do you always try to twist my posts to fit into something you can argue with? My POINT was that a company who's paid by oil companies came out with a paper that was total bullshit and that the scientists who did the actual study even came out to say so.

When did we start talking about Intelligent Design? I think there's already a thread for that, but since you brought it up- yes, it's a total joke and nothing but horseshit that will hold us back. What the hell does Yale having a divinity school have to do with anything? I took a raquetball class freshman year- does that mean we should teach it to children?
Posted: May 28 2006, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (jake @ May 28 2006, 06:38 AM)
I can't believe there is still a debate about this- here's a group of retards who were hired to skew facts to benefit oil companies- too bad the scientists behind the studies they used came out and said they were full of shit:

http://www.factcheck.org/article395.html

This would lead one to believe that any position other than yours is clearly wrong.

I wasn't talking about intelligent design, I was talking about a group of retards. Yale is one of the leading liberal institutions in the US and I am sure the faculty there would overwhealming condem intelligent design. Yet, the administration there maintains a seperate school of divinity and confers degrees which most of the faculty would say are useless. My point is, if you are willing to spend enough money you can find someone to do what you want.
Posted: May 28 2006, 09:23 PM
Global warming is a facade.

The ice caps melt - shit happens. Deal with it. It's what happens. The world evoles with or with out humans. To think that we, a single organism, makes or makes not what happens to the planet is self-agrandizing. Get off yer high horse and find an underground shelter. thumbs.gif

-this post has been brought to you by the AztecScientist; un-solicited, never bought out by the man.
Posted: May 28 2006, 09:34 PM
global warming conspracies are gay.............. what the fuck do scientists know about anything................. all the free money those assholes get and what kind of unproven bullshit do they give us.................. they need to get real jobs or cure aids............. i can fix global warming just round up a bunch of beaners and put a tint job on the ozone layer while they are at it maybe we could hook the earth up with some hydrolics
Posted: May 29 2006, 03:27 AM
QUOTE (bwyble @ May 28 2006, 05:46 PM)
My point is, if you are willing to spend enough money you can find someone to do what you want.

Yes, that was MY point too.
Posted: May 29 2006, 03:43 AM
QUOTE (AztecScientist @ May 28 2006, 11:23 PM)
To think that we, a single organism, makes or makes not what happens to the planet is self-agrandizing.

And when George Carlin said that it made sense- you just fucked the quote up and made it untrue. To say that we have the power to destroy the Earth is thinking a bit much of ourselves, but we can and do make it unliveable for ourselves. Don't believe me? Go drink some water out of just about any river or feed your pregnant wife some fish that you caught out of the great lakes. Most scientists agree that global warming is a huge, real problem- even the ones George Bush's administration agreed!

Funny video:
http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1147
Posted: May 30 2006, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (AztecScientist @ May 28 2006, 08:23 PM)
Global warming is a facade.

The ice caps melt - shit happens. Deal with it. It's what happens. The world evoles with or with out humans. To think that we, a single organism, makes or makes not what happens to the planet is self-agrandizing. Get off yer high horse and find an underground shelter. thumbs.gif

-this post has been brought to you by the AztecScientist; un-solicited, never bought out by the man.

yeah, the world goes through its cycles of hot and cold, there's nothing we can do about that. But to say that we have in no way affected the natural cycle of the earth, is just plain wrong. We have accelerated global warming dramatically. It was going to happen eventually, due to the natural cycle of things, but that is besides the point.
Posted: May 30 2006, 03:40 PM
i thought we had global warming because chuck norris was gettin' chilly.
Posted: May 30 2006, 03:53 PM
QUOTE (sec @ May 30 2006, 04:40 PM)

cool.gif
Posted: May 30 2006, 04:18 PM
QUOTE (ibbangin @ May 28 2006, 09:34 PM)
global warming conspracies are gay.............. what the fuck do scientists know about anything................. all the free money those assholes get and what kind of unproven bullshit do they give us.................. they need to get real jobs or cure aids............. i can fix global warming just round up a bunch of beaners and put a tint job on the ozone layer while they are at it maybe we could hook the earth up with some hydrolics

every post you make is exponentially dumber than the previous.
Posted: May 30 2006, 04:23 PM

Where would we put the gold rims & Cadillac grill?
Posted: May 30 2006, 04:27 PM
i can fix global warming just round up a bunch of beaners and put a tint job on the ozone layer while they are at it maybe we could hook the earth up with some hydrolics

you took the words right outta my mouth
Posted: May 30 2006, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (sec @ May 30 2006, 02:40 PM)

silly sec, chuck norris doesn't get cold, he just wants to see more chicks in bikinis ohmy.gif
Posted: May 30 2006, 08:43 PM
All anyone does anymore is yack, yack, yack about global warming. Hey, what about global cooling?
Posted: May 30 2006, 09:05 PM
I don't trust anyone that can't beat George W. Bush in an election after being the vice president for 8 years, like this guy. rolleyes.gif
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (AztecScientist @ May 30 2006, 09:05 PM)
I don't trust anyone that can't beat George W. Bush in an election after being the vice president for 8 years, like this guy. rolleyes.gif

we only have 10 years left... WTF? blink.gif

BTW, Al Gore invented the internet!
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 10:00 AM
He invented global warming too. And I have a sneaking suspicion that he invented ibbarelycomprehensiveX in a lab to send him here to annoy us all.
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 02:01 PM
Humans are definately contributing to global warming. But I have to say, this planet has been comming out of an ice age for quite some time, who knows how hot it can potentially get. Perhaps it is just continuing to warm up at an accelerated pace due to the hydrocarbon fuels and all the rest of the shit we pollute this place with.

Btw: Those CEI ads are hilarious. Its so blatantly obvious that they are propoganda. what a joke.

This post has been edited by Nieko on Jun 6 2006, 02:11 PM

Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (empresss @ May 30 2006, 04:23 PM)
Where would we put the gold rims & Cadillac grill?

i have thought it through the grill should be somewhere in the middle east maybe if they got some shade they would stop acting crazy over there and we could put e set of spinners on australia im sure the croc hunter guy would go crazy about them
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (ibbangin @ Jun 6 2006, 04:02 PM)
i have thought it through the grill should be somewhere in the middle east maybe if they got some shade they would stop acting crazy over there and we could put e set of spinners on australia im sure the croc hunter guy would go crazy about them

Mr. Garrison said something like "if you weren't allowed to have premarital sex or masterbate & you had sand blowing into your ass-crack all day, you'd be pissed off too!"

So what we really need is to get them onto some good hookers and blow. That would solve the terrorist & fanaticism problem.
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 08:30 PM
QUOTE (empresss @ Jun 6 2006, 05:21 PM)
Mr. Garrison said something like "if you weren't allowed to have premarital sex or masterbate & you had sand blowing into your ass-crack all day, you'd be pissed off too!"

So what we really need is to get them onto some good hookers and blow. That would solve the terrorist & fanaticism problem.

i think blocking out the sun and giving them gatorade would be enough the crazy bastards may just be dehydrated. atleast that was martin lawrences excuse when he went crazy.
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 08:45 PM
good article

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008597
Posted: Jul 3 2006, 11:00 PM
Interesting author...

http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Corrupt_Richard_S_Lindzen.html
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...hard_S._Lindzen