Illegal Immigration

Being debated in the Senate

Posted: Mar 26 2006, 03:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060326/ap_on_go_co/immigration

The Senate takes up the emotional debate on the heels of weekend rallies that drew hundreds of thousands of people protesting attempts to toughen laws against immigrants. Among the ideas that
President Bush and members of Congress are considering:

_Erecting a fence on the Mexico border to deter illegal immigration.

_Treating people who sneak across the border as felons to be deported.

_Allowing foreigners to stay in the country legally as custodians, dish washers, construction workers and other low-paid employees.

_Allowing those working in the U.S. a path to citizenship.

_Requiring them to get in line behind everyone else back in their home countries who want to become Americans.
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 03:54 PM
I think it sounds like a fairly decent idea. There are a lot of "groups" here in San Diego that are all pissed off, but that's because 60% of illegal immigrants from Mexico stay here in the Southern California area.
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (usfhett99 @ Mar 26 2006, 04:49 PM)
_Allowing foreigners to stay in the country legally as custodians, dish washers, construction workers and other low-paid employees.

although not legal, most foreigners already do this
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 05:06 PM
Lax immigration laws have always been a problem in this country. Just ask a native American - if you can find one.
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 05:15 PM
I still say they fill a niche in our socioty by doing jobs that even mexican born ameircans are not willing to do...cut grass, wash dishes, bring your water, and bus your tables, etc....
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 05:34 PM
Any way you look at it, we have to do a better job protecting our borders. And we lose a ton of money every year (CA esp.) in health care costs for illegal immigrants.
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (Jack @ Mar 26 2006, 06:15 PM)
I still say they fill a niche in our socioty by doing jobs that even mexican born ameircans are not willing to do...cut grass, wash dishes, bring your water, and bus your tables, etc....

yea, but legal immigrants do that work too. Illegal immigrants drive down labor costs because why pay a legal Mexican minimum wage, when you can pay an illegal half as much. So illegal aliens hurt many low wage workers by keeping labor costs down...and use the same limited public services and pay little or no taxes.
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 11:59 PM
QUOTE (bwyble @ Mar 26 2006, 07:06 PM)
Lax immigration laws have always been a problem in this country. Just ask a native American - if you can find one.

LOL!

And you like Carlos Mencia said, you catch them and you send them back...and they try again tomorrow..

Would be funny if you didnt send them back to there own country but a random one tongue.gif
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 12:43 AM
QUOTE (DgtlCalm @ Mar 26 2006, 10:59 PM)
LOL!

And you like Carlos Mencia said, you catch them and you send them back...and they try again tomorrow..

Would be funny if you didnt send them back to there own country but a random one tongue.gif

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

thats a brilliant idea. send them all to north korea or something and they will not keep trying to come here.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 01:45 AM
i say it would be cheaper for the government to let those unemployed rednecks that complain about mexicans taking american jobs hangout along the border and have open season on border jumpers after a while im sure they would stop trying to cross over. i know if i was trying to jump the border and someone shot me in my ass i wouldnt try it again. this way unemployed rednecks that complain about mexicans taking american jobs will have some sort of self worth (but still no job because the government wont pay dumb rednecks for something dumb rednecks would do if they were allowed to by law) and we solve our immigration problem without spending billions. it only takes the government approval of 2 laws one being the open season on border jumpers the other being you can buy ammunition with food stamps guns.gif
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (ibbangin @ Mar 27 2006, 01:45 AM)
i say it would be cheaper for the government to let those unemployed rednecks that complain about mexicans taking american jobs hangout along the border and have open season on border jumpers after a while im sure they would stop trying to cross over. i know if i was trying to jump the border and someone shot me in my ass i wouldnt try it again. this way unemployed rednecks that complain about mexicans taking american jobs will have some sort of self worth (but still no job because the government wont pay dumb rednecks for something dumb rednecks would do if they were allowed to by law) and we solve our immigration problem without spending billions. it only takes the government approval of 2 laws one being the open season on border jumpers the other being you can buy ammunition with food stamps guns.gif

fuck man, use some punctuation if you want anyone to read what you have to say.

cause it makes no sense at all.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 04:54 AM
QUOTE (umm_mickey @ Mar 27 2006, 04:26 AM)
fuck man, use some punctuation if you want anyone to read what you have to say.

cause it makes no sense at all.

fuck man cut your mullet
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 04:57 AM
QUOTE (ibbangin @ Mar 27 2006, 04:54 AM)
fuck man cut your mullet

1) my mullet (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with your ignorance.

2) i actually tried to read what you had to say in an earnest effort to hear your side, honestly, i have no idea what you were saying.

3) your mom loves the mullet.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 05:14 AM
QUOTE (umm_mickey @ Mar 27 2006, 04:57 AM)
1) my mullet (or lack thereof) has nothing to do with your ignorance.

2) i actually tried to read what you had to say in an earnest effort to hear your side, honestly, i have no idea what you were saying.

3) your mom loves the mullet.

1) congrats on finding your way to great clips i guess you got a coupon in the mail dont try to deny it we have all seen the mullet

2) if you havent realized i could give a fuck less about grammar and punctuation im not in a classroom or at work it doesnt matter

3) you can keep dreaming about my mom but dude its not gonna happen she isnt into male nurses, guys that live in denial or guys contemplating to grow the mullet back get in his 86 IROCZ and listen to some White Snake while looking for Cambodian prostitutes
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 07:01 AM
the thing that basically pisses me off is that a bank located the area where I live is giving out home loans to illegal immigrants. What the fuck is that? What kind of rates are these assholes getting'? It's so damn rediculous just the idea of an illegal immigrant being able to obtain a home loan here.

Also in the state of Indiana, they were mentioning allowing illegal immigrants to obtain a state license so that way they could insure their cars.

Both of these things are rediculous. I mean you get an illegal in line for a license or a home loan call the INS and have their asses deported.

I'm just tired of catering to these people that have no respect for our country.

Fuck the official language is english here. When my grandparents came here from Croatia they learned english when they got here and that is all they spoke except for a little bit in the home only. Now we have spanish everywhere. I mean shit, is this group too lazy or just plain out too unintelligent to speak the official language.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 08:16 AM
QUOTE (usfhett99 @ Mar 26 2006, 03:49 PM)
weekend rallies that drew hundreds of thousands of people protesting attempts to toughen laws against immigrants.

90% of these are the illegal immigrants themselves, so it doesn't matter if there were 1.2 million...
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 08:19 AM
QUOTE (ibbangin @ Mar 27 2006, 05:14 AM)
1) congrats on finding your way to great clips i guess you got a coupon in the mail dont try to deny it we have all seen the mullet

2) if you havent realized i could give a fuck less about grammar and punctuation im not in a classroom or at work it doesnt matter

3) you can keep dreaming about my mom but dude its not gonna happen she isnt into male nurses, guys that live in denial or guys contemplating to grow the mullet back get in his 86 IROCZ and listen to some White Snake while looking for Cambodian prostitutes

ibsaying, wether or not we are in a classroom, or work, you really show your lack of intelligence by not using punctuation and with your poor grammar.
umm. is right, we don't know what the fuck your trying to say...

Posted: Mar 27 2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah Indiana is all lax and shit. Pissed me off something terrible. I seriously wouuld'nt suprise me is they tried to add a law like that since all the illegals have liecences anyway... And then they crash their cars with no insurance and fuck whoever they hit.

I had a lady flip a car 1 block from my house on the wrong side of the road. She didn't speak a word of english. I think if you come here speak english. If I went to spain I wouldn't expect everyone to speak english for me.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 10:00 AM
QUOTE (tomorrowlightxx @ Mar 27 2006, 08:01 AM)
the thing that basically pisses me off is that a bank located the area where I live is giving out home loans to illegal immigrants. What the fuck is that? What kind of rates are these assholes getting'? It's so damn rediculous just the idea of an illegal immigrant being able to obtain a home loan here.

Also in the state of Indiana, they were mentioning allowing illegal immigrants to obtain a state license so that way they could insure their cars.

Both of these things are rediculous. I mean you get an illegal in line for a license or a home loan call the INS and have their asses deported.

I'm just tired of catering to these people that have no respect for our country.

Fuck the official language is english here. When my grandparents came here from Croatia they learned english when they got here and that is all they spoke except for a little bit in the home only. Now we have spanish everywhere. I mean shit, is this group too lazy or just plain out too unintelligent to speak the official language.

Although I don't agree with this tactic, I think it may have something to do with allowing Illegals to obtain insurance and loans in their own names instead of stealing/buying real citizens identities on the black market. I think the government is trying to make money on them while at the same time protecting the identities/finances of citizens.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 10:38 AM
I don't really care about this. I just wanted to post this picture...
Attached Image Attached Image
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 11:16 AM
The problem with illegal immigrants is they are ILLEGAL. And those laws are there for a pretty good reason. There are plenty of legal ways to get into this country and it's not that difficult to use one of those methods. Not to mention that if they came in legally, they would be making more money. Home loans for illegal immigrants? Sheesh.........That's pretty fucked when you consider how difficult it can be for some American citizens to obtain a home loan. Instead of helping them when they get here, they should be either jailed, then deported or just immediately deported.
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 11:45 AM
QUOTE (2WarVet @ Mar 27 2006, 10:16 AM)
The problem with illegal immigrants is they are ILLEGAL.

I'm not really sure that I'm picking up what you're putting down....Let me get this straight- illegal immigrants are illegal? Aren't we being a little over-dramatic for effect?!
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 11:51 AM
posted before i read the article... never a good idea.

but yeah.. anyone that says this is a bad idea, is retarded.

This post has been edited by SecGal on Mar 27 2006, 11:54 AM

Posted: Mar 27 2006, 12:02 PM
QUOTE (empresss @ Mar 27 2006, 11:45 AM)
I'm not really sure that I'm picking up what you're putting down....Let me get this straight- illegal immigrants are illegal? Aren't we being a little over-dramatic for effect?!

Quiet!
Posted: Mar 27 2006, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (SecGal @ Mar 27 2006, 10:51 AM)
posted before i read the article... never a good idea.

but yeah.. anyone that says this is a bad idea, is retarded.

I also haven't read the article....

WARVET, why are you telling me to be quiet? I'm simply trying to unleash the passion you lost after our argument on racism. You've really toned yourself down since then.