'Bout to buy a MP3 player

Any suggestions?

Posted: Sep 25 2006, 04:36 AM
i have no clue what to look for in a MP3 player. gig's and mega bytes and all that computer lingity. Any suggestions??
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 07:15 AM
Depends

Ipods are good simply because the marketing Apple has put into them. Accessory wise you wont touch the Ipod.

As far as size depends as well. Do you want to have to rotate the songs? or put more music than you will ever actually listen to on it?

Most are good, I have an RCA Lyra, though compared to todays standards its a bit bulky, But its 40 gigs, and its great. I really only use it on Road trips though. I thought Id get away from Cds with it, but Cds are still much more simple, and for quick 10-15 min drives its not worth fooling with an MP3 player
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 07:55 AM
right on, i need something small to listen to while i run. i'd like for it to hold 150+ songs.
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 08:09 AM
ipod shuffle probably...
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 12:05 PM
Id probably look into a Nano or something. But you can get an off brand for dirt cheap now. I wouldnt get anything less than a Gig though.

Just make sure it has playlist support built in. If not you will go nuts trying to find what ya wanna listen to.

Also I hope you are one who tags their mp3s. That was the most annoying thing when I moved my Collection to my mp3 player. Most werent tagged right, so they would come up all weird. And retagging 3000+ songs SUCKs
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 12:49 PM
MP3 players are on the way out. I hear 8 tracks are making a comeback. Besides, 8>3
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 07:07 AM
QUOTE (guruice4 @ Sep 25 2006, 09:15 AM)
Most are good, I have an RCA Lyra, though compared to todays standards its a bit bulky, But its 40 gigs, and its great. I really only use it on Road trips though. I thought Id get away from Cds with it, but Cds are still much more simple, and for quick 10-15 min drives its not worth fooling with an MP3 player

I had a 40 GB RCA Lyra. Talk about a waste of money. They are rather bulky, and I did take size into consideration, but the price was too good to pass up. To make a long story short, I lost ALL 10 gigs of my music because the thing just decided to stop working one day. That's what I get for being cheap I suppose... and not backing up my music.
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 08:17 AM
user posted image

Posted: Sep 26 2006, 09:26 AM
QUOTE (sec @ Sep 26 2006, 09:17 AM)
user posted image

POST APPRECIATION!!
Posted: Sep 26 2006, 09:56 AM
I resisted getting one for a long time, and I finally broke down and got a 1GB Ipod Nano over Labor Day weekend. The size is unbelievably small and light, and the features are easy as hell to use. I would definetly recommend.
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 01:43 PM
personally id wait for the new Zune to come out. It looks awesome plus you can transfer files between Zune's according to microsoft which is possibly the best feature ever.