MLB 2007

Posted: Feb 27 2007, 09:31 AM
ok, all the teams are in camp, opening day is a little over a month away, ready for the season to start.

just a couple of things to start off the new year;

Will Lou make that much of a difference in Chicago?

Will Randy Johnson get back to form in a weaker NL with the d-backs, and what do you think of the d-backs new uniforms?

Can the Cards repeat?

Is the Al Central still the best division?

Who will have a better record this season, the Orioles or Royals? (bet between burt and aztec)
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 09:57 AM
drink.gif
Attached Image Attached Image
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 10:14 AM
QUOTE (Crocket900 @ Feb 27 2007, 09:57 AM)
drink.gif

that pretty much is the same thing as this, right?
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Crocket900 @ Feb 27 2007, 10:57 AM)
drink.gif

s-headbang.gif

Longest reign as Divison Champions in the Majors.
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Feb 27 2007, 11:14 AM)

Funny thumbs.gif
Coming from a Royal's fan that is...
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 12:43 PM
QUOTE (Crocket900 @ Feb 27 2007, 12:17 PM)
Funny thumbs.gif
Coming from a Royal's fan that is...

giving the fact the you are from the state of NY i won't call you a bandwagon fan. but atleast i stick to my team no matter how horrible they are or try and find a new one that wins all the time like alot of yankee fans.
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 12:48 PM
I have been a Yankee fan since birth brother...
I don't care if they win one game a year, I'll still watch
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Feb 27 2007, 11:14 AM)

lol.gif

This post has been edited by donvito on Feb 27 2007, 01:24 PM

Posted: Feb 27 2007, 02:00 PM
DRays baby!
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 02:16 PM
QUOTE (TylerDurden @ Feb 27 2007, 12:30 PM)
s-headbang.gif

Longest reign as Divison Champions in the Majors.

Longest current reign. The Atlanta Braves did it for longer.

Devil Rays, Fuck Yeah!!!!
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Feb 27 2007, 09:31 AM)
ok, all the teams are in camp, opening day is a little over a month away, ready for the season to start.

just a couple of things to start off the new year;

Will Lou make that much of a difference in Chicago?

Will Randy Johnson get back to form in a weaker NL with the d-backs, and what do you think of the d-backs new uniforms?

Can the Cards repeat?

Is the Al Central still the best division?

Who will have a better record this season, the Orioles or Royals? (bet between burt and aztec)

I think the Yankees had one of the best offseason's...ala, trading away Sheffield, Randy Johnson, and Jaret Wright for young pitching. And signing a hopefully quality LEFTY in Kei Igawa. The pitching staff looks solid and Philip Hughes has impressed so far....

Maybe cash stealing Pavano will actually get some pithes in and match some of the success he had with the Marlins...

it would have been nice if they found some room on the roster for Bernie Williams though...
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 02:24 PM
QUOTE (junkiecosmonaut @ Feb 27 2007, 03:16 PM)
Longest current reign. The Atlanta Braves did it for longer.

Devil Rays, Fuck Yeah!!!!

I thought that went without saying. sleep.gif
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah I'm sure the Yankees have no holes.. rolleyes.gif They looked so great against the Tigers last year in the playoffs.. I don't think the rest of the AL has a chance.. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Go fucking Tigers.. I predict the Tigers or Twins to win the central, with the Indians close behind.. I actually think the Blue Jays may be able to get over the hump and win that AL east.. I think they have a great balance in hitting and starting pitching with Halladay and Vernon Wells being the superstars.. For the west I'm picking the Angels year in and year out.. They have fucking underachieved bad last year, but are still the most balanced offensive team in the AL with Vlad at the helm.. Watch the Rangers and A's(as usual) try to make noise in the division also..

This post has been edited by Property12 on Feb 27 2007, 07:55 PM

Posted: Feb 27 2007, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Property12 @ Feb 27 2007, 08:54 PM)
For the west I'm picking the Angels year in and year out.. They have fucking underachieved bad last year, but are still the most balanced offensive team in the AL with Vlad at the helm.. Watch the Rangers and A's(as usual) try to make noise in the division also..

I'm no expert, but it's not hard to pick 3 out of the 4 teams to have a chance to win the division.
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 08:02 PM
QUOTE (hett @ Feb 27 2007, 07:57 PM)
I'm no expert, but it's not hard to pick 3 out of the 4 teams to have a chance to win the division.

It seems the Rangers and A's have gotten stronger.. The A's for their Farm system and the Rangers for their improved pitching.. But I'm still picking the Angels... I believe they are the most talented team in the AL... They just haven't utilized well and have been banged up...

This post has been edited by Property12 on Feb 27 2007, 08:03 PM

Posted: Feb 28 2007, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (Property12 @ Feb 27 2007, 07:54 PM)
Oh yeah I'm sure the Yankees have no holes.. rolleyes.gif They looked so great against the Tigers last year in the playoffs.. I don't think the rest of the AL has a chance.. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Go fucking Tigers.. I predict the Tigers or Twins to win the central, with the Indians close behind.. I actually think the Blue Jays may be able to get over the hump and win that AL east.. I think they have a great balance in hitting and starting pitching with Halladay and Vernon Wells being the superstars.. For the west I'm picking the Angels year in and year out.. They have fucking underachieved bad last year, but are still the most balanced offensive team in the AL with Vlad at the helm.. Watch the Rangers and A's(as usual) try to make noise in the division also..

these are pretty good picks.

according to you, three of the four teams in the AL west are teams to watch... and three of five in the central... excellent.

you're a fucking asshole.

user posted image
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 05:06 AM
LET'S GO O'S thumbs.gif drinkup[1].gif

user posted image

Fuck the Spankees
Royals Suck
Red Sox = overrated
Blow Jays can suck it
Devil Rays.... I'm sorry sad.gif

Siggy - if yer out there, let me know if you got any tix thumbs.gif drinkup[1].gif drinkup[1].gif drinkup[1].gif drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 05:11 AM
drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 07:44 AM
QUOTE (Property12 @ Feb 27 2007, 07:54 PM)

people say the same thing every year about the bluejays....yet it still seems to be the same team that wins it...until someone knocks the yankees off, I'll say the yankees will add another year to their consecutive division title streak....

as tec said, the red sox are overrated...

the yankees are a much better team then last season....

oh yeah, btw, GREAT showing by the Tigers in the world series.....
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (PhillyFranchise @ Feb 28 2007, 03:22 AM)
these are pretty good picks.

according to you, three of the four teams in the AL west are teams to watch... and three of five in the central... excellent.

you're a fucking asshole.

user posted image

hi bx?
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 12:47 PM
user posted image
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 12:48 PM
lol.gif
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (hett @ Feb 28 2007, 01:41 PM)
hi bx?

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 03:27 PM