no video on comp?...

any ideas?...

Posted: Mar 14 2007, 12:41 AM
All parts compatible/installed correctly...Video card is not the issue, monitor is not the issue...I have the same problem between two mother boards, only part that is constant would be the power supply...If my PS is a little flakey would it cause no video to come onto my screen?...I'm guessing there might not be enough power getting to my mb and thats my problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else has an idea or ever experienced the same problem?...

I'm also getting no beeps from the system...hd's spin/light is on, on mb

guns.gif

This post has been edited by _kiLLswitCh_ on Mar 14 2007, 12:42 AM

Posted: Mar 14 2007, 08:52 AM
Actually yes... Say you have an old power supply but bought a new vid card that is very powerful.. Sometimes the PS won't match the output of the video card and cause the vid card to get burned up after a while after working properly and with unnoticeable problems.. That's atleast what happened to me, take an HP or most commercial computers, they usually give you a weak power supply that doesn't support some of the newer and more powerful video cards.. Now if this happened right away, you may just need a new power supply to match your processor speed and video card power.. But say you have used this setup for a year, it worked, then all of a sudden it doesn't work like you mentioned, then there is a good chance you may need to get a new video card also.. Thankfully the Power Supply is only about 50 bucks for a really good one.. I suggest you go to newegg.com for the video card, if you discovered that it burned up.. They have good deals on video cards.. drinkup[1].gif

This post has been edited by Property12 on Mar 14 2007, 08:54 AM

Posted: Mar 14 2007, 09:43 AM
Well I tried about 3 different vid cards, and it did the same thing with the on-board...So hopefully it's power...It's not really gonna be a crazy system, just a low-cost server that I'm trying to setup, so I'll try to go pickup a new power supply today and see if it makes a difference...Thanks

thumbs.gif

This post has been edited by _kiLLswitCh_ on Mar 14 2007, 09:43 AM

Posted: Mar 14 2007, 10:00 AM
Yup.. It had to be the PS.. As you said you tried 3 different cards.. So that's pretty good news and PS's are cheap.. Hopefully you get that PC fired up.. drinkup[1].gif thumbs.gif
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 11:47 AM
You can get PS2s for pretty cheap too.
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 12:05 PM
go with a name brand like enermax or whatever
they have a warranty with them etc
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 05:50 PM
Thanx all for the help !