NCAA BBall '08-09

Posted: Dec 19 2008, 06:25 PM
347 teams are in D-I. UNC is 7-5 odds to win the NCAA championship this year.

How can you not bet on them?

Who else would you bet on?

Some other odds for discussion purposes:

7-5 UNC
8-1 UConn
12-1 Louisville
12-1 Pittsburgh
15-1 Duke
15-1 Gonzaga
18-1 UCLA
18-1 Oklahoma
25-1 Texas
25-1 Syracuse
30-1 Georgetown
40-1 Notre Dame
40-1 Michigan St.
40-1 Memphis
50-1 Wake Forest
50-1 Davidson
50-1 Purdue
50-1 Tennessee
60-1 Kansas

I'm guessing UNC will lose 1, maybe 2 games in ACC play, then run the tournament and Tyler, with the help of Ellington and Lawson, will finish what they couldn't do last year.
Posted: Dec 19 2008, 08:29 PM
I like Davidson at 50-1 think im gonna put $20 on them as well as $20 on Florida just for the hell of it they will be getting better than 50-1
Posted: Jan 28 2009, 11:30 PM
The SEC may suck this year, but how is Florida not in the Top 25?

18-3, no bad loses, a win over Washington (ranked) and a crushing blow at UCF. Don't be fooled. UCF can play this year.

I'm just saying, if any SEC "must" be in the rankings, give to the Gaters from Gainsville over then Vols or Cats.

Looks like the Gators should win the SEC. They're what, 8,9 deep?

Burt - How's the Tigers? Haven't gotten to see them play? Are they a contender or pretender? Seed prediction? I'm going with Maryland might miss the NIT right now. s-suicide.gif
Posted: Jan 29 2009, 10:24 AM
QUOTE (AztecScientist @ Jan 28 2009, 11:30 PM)
The SEC may suck this year, but how is Florida not in the Top 25?

18-3, no bad loses, a win over Washington (ranked) and a crushing blow at UCF. Don't be fooled. UCF can play this year.

I'm just saying, if any SEC "must" be in the rankings, give to the Gaters from Gainsville over then Vols or Cats.

Looks like the Gators should win the SEC. They're what, 8,9 deep?

Burt - How's the Tigers? Haven't gotten to see them play? Are they a contender or pretender? Seed prediction? I'm going with Maryland might miss the NIT right now. s-suicide.gif

pretender, jesus, i almost shot myself the way they played last night at k-state, about the same way they played at nebraska last week. they are great at home, fucking terrible is an understatement on the road. somehow i think they will make the tourny as a 8 or 9 seed and get smoked by a mid major school.

are you really going to vegas for the super bowl or were you joking about that? i get out there saturday.
Posted: Jan 30 2009, 11:45 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Jan 29 2009, 12:24 PM)

are you really going to vegas for the super bowl or were you joking about that? i get out there saturday.

no. I wish.

Put $50 on the A's pre-season to win the AL West this year for me. I'll mail you the check when you get back. thumbs.gif
Posted: Jan 31 2009, 12:54 AM
i will think about it.....leaving in t minus roughly 9 hours, you kids have fun. supposed to be close to 70 tomorrow in vegas. drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 08:50 AM
Tec, did you happen to make it down here to KC to see your Terps play?

hope mizzou takes care of business today over cornell and hope the bison of north dakota st can get rid of those stupid beakers.
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 10:18 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Mar 20 2009, 10:50 AM)
Tec, did you happen to make it down here to KC to see your Terps play?

hope mizzou takes care of business today over cornell and hope the bison of north dakota st can get rid of those stupid beakers.

Didn't have time to make it. Too busy prepping for my fantasy baseball draft.

I'm happy that they got in and beat Cali. They didn't have a prayer against Memphis. Yer tiggers look good so far. Maybe they can knock off the lessor tiger team.
Posted: Mar 24 2009, 10:47 AM
so how is everyones brackets doing? i have some that doing great and some that blow donkey dick.
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 10:15 AM
QUOTE (Burt @ Mar 24 2009, 10:47 AM)
so how is everyones brackets doing?  i have some that doing great and some that blow donkey dick.

i got 15 of the sweet16 teams so i guess im doing ok go Pitt............ yeah i took the Gators in the NIT

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=927904

This post has been edited by ibbangin on Mar 25 2009, 10:18 AM

Posted: Mar 25 2009, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (Burt @ Mar 24 2009, 12:47 PM)
so how is everyones brackets doing? i have some that doing great and some that blow donkey dick.

I'm out. I had Wake in the Final 4. I had other upsets in the first and second round, but fuck me, it's the 1,2 and 3 seeds in all regions with 2 4seeds a 5seed and an underrated Arizona. I still have Purdue alive to beat UConn, Cuse over Oklahoma and Nova over Duke to catch up some, but not going to happen if L'Ville continues to win. sad.gif

My grandma could've picked a winning bracket this season.