The Drink from Euro Trip

anyone know anything about it ?

Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:32 PM
if anyone has seen the movie Euro Trip, theres that green drink they have in the club and i heard from a few people its a real drink and i was wondering if anyone could confirm that or let me know how you can get a hold of it ? Thanks drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:33 PM
I believe it's illegal in the US. Someone told me you can get it, but it's ridiculously expensive, and who knows if they were talking out of their ass.

can't remember the name right now...
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:34 PM
It's real

Click Here For Absinth Info

This post has been edited by Goldenchild on Sep 7 2004, 11:34 PM

Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (tim @ Sep 7 2004, 11:33 PM)
I believe it's illegal in the US. Someone told me you can get it, but it's ridiculously expensive, and who knows if they were talking out of their ass.

Yeah i thinks its a drink just dont know were to get it
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:37 PM
awesome, and thanks for the link goldenchild
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:42 PM
I'm kinda skeptical about this site. I'm seriously tempted to order a bottle, but they are based in New York, and I always heard this stuff was illegal in the US of A. Did I hear wrong?

If it's not illegal why is it not big here like it is in Europe?

- tim
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (tim @ Sep 8 2004, 12:33 AM)

True absinthe is illegal in the US because it's made from wormwood and supposedly has hallucinogenic properties.

I drank it one night while I was in the Czech Republic....I wasn't seeing shit, but I was way more drunk than I've ever been from any other kind of alcohol. I still have a small bottle I brought back from Prague. thumbs.gif
Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:45 PM
I have seen several bottles in the US during my life but don't know how they got here. The guys who owned them wouldn't share unless they were chicks so I didn't get to try any.

If you are near Vancouver ever this might help

Another Absinth Link

This post has been edited by Goldenchild on Sep 7 2004, 11:47 PM

Posted: Sep 7 2004, 11:47 PM
"Absinthe of superior quality. Very strong and probably the only genuine absinthe on the market. Distilled from carefully selected herbs and made from eau-de-vie, distilled from selected wine. An old alembic (absinthe) still heated by steam is used as well as the same amount of wormwood as in the 19th century legitimate Absinthe. NO artificial oils, colorants or sugar are added. "

From Absinth.com... based in New York. Hmmmm.... wonder if it's a scam.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 01:09 AM
I am stationed in England and i have had the stuff. It if for real! It doesn't glow like it was in the movie and there is NO WAY any human being could drink it like those kids were drinking it. It is only a few % away from rubbing alcohol. There is a way to drink it that involves a spoon, sugar, fire and water and you will get FLOORED! It is illegal in the states like was said earlier. Ohh and there is not just one stregnth, i have seen about 5 my self. The stronger the content the smaller the bottle. drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 08:15 AM
Much more reasonable prices.

http://www.alandia.de/absinth/index.php/language/en

Plus they do acknowlege that its illegal. I suspect that the new york site is selling an absinthe wannabe. I have heard and seen first hand "illegal" stuff being sold on the net. I saw on a 20/20 like show some people buying small amounts of pot on the net and they spoke with the fbi and they said it was illegal but just not a priority. Ive also seen people buy stuff like prescription drugs after filling out a form/prescripton and then they got the stuff.

So is it illegal to buy it? yes. Is it illegal to possess it? Not sure. But the main concern is is anyone pursuing it?

http://www.alandia.de/historie/history.htm

wow it was even banned in Europe until 1981. .
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 08:28 AM
If any of u get maxim theres a back issue with different brands of absinth with prices and rates on taste...dont remember which issue though
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 08:54 AM
Being from the Detroit area a lot of ppl go to Canada (drinking age of 19) to get drunk. Well there is this 1 cafe there (yeah cafe) called MILK and they make this like milkshake with Absinth in it and some other alcohol. I had 1 and seriously felt like a drank 57 beers. I was so drunk and i dont remember haluscinatting but maybe I did. After that drink I remember waking up in the car with my friend Ashley. Boy it was fun. drinkup[1].gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 09:01 AM
I have a friend that buys a bunch of it off the net... he says the you are buying the "bottle" not the contents.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 10:09 AM
This has nothing to do with Absinth but I didn't want to open another thread. When I was in Poland for a month I drank a Polish vodka called Zubrowka. It was banned in the U.S. but now is legal. You can ONLY mix it with apple juice. anything else makes it tast gross. Trust me on this one I tried numerous other things and nothing else works. It goes down smooth so you drink a lot of it and will get fucked up. Not as quick as Absinth but damned good.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 10:34 AM
I like the Absinth. It's like Alcohol and cocaine, ergo, it's gets you fired up. thumbs.gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (pd2st @ Sep 8 2004, 12:32 AM)
if anyone has seen the movie Euro Trip, theres that green drink they have in the club and i heard from a few people its a real drink and i was wondering if anyone could confirm that or let me know how you can get a hold of it ? Thanks drinkup[1].gif

Absente
is what its called..

u have to order from overseas

made of worm wood

makes u hallucinate..

I have the [american legal] bottle at my house..

you get this tool with the bottle..buy a few sugar cubes..and when u mix a drink..u put the sugar cube on the [whatever the thing is called they give you] and u pour water over the cube until it melts..then u stir ti all up

the finished form is a seaweed looking color..doesnt taste to bad.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 02:26 PM
" [whatever the thing is called they give you] " - sifter. Really has no use in these modern times, but is cool to use. thumbs.gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 02:57 PM
haha no its not useful..but it was neat

haha and think you..that was a nice qoute cool.gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 10:08 PM
Jtt619, i read that same article. From what I understand, it is illegal for a person to "purchase" it IN the U.S., possibly meaning that it would be illegal for me to buy it from a liquor store inside the U.S. Also, it's illegal to "sell" inside the U.S.

From what I gathered in the Maxim, you can order it from Europe, over the internet.... since the place that charges your account is overseas, and have it shipped to your home in the US legally.

I'm saving up to buy a bottle, I'll repost here to let you know of my findings. From what i hear though, it's wicked shit.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (Crackabean @ Sep 8 2004, 11:08 PM)
I'm saving up to buy a bottle.

lol.gif lol.gif

I can't see "saving up" to buy a bottle of liquor....I'll stick with the $8 18-packs.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (kmatt_333 @ Sep 9 2004, 01:02 AM)
lol.gif lol.gif

I can't see "saving up" to buy a bottle of liquor....I'll stick with the $8 18-packs.

Damn- you must never have tasted Don Julio tequila! WOW. Worth saving up for.
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 11:28 PM
QUOTE (jakubow2 @ Sep 9 2004, 12:06 AM)
Damn- you must never have tasted Don Julio tequila! WOW. Worth saving up for.

I'm double-cursed....cheap and poor sad.gif
Posted: Sep 8 2004, 11:38 PM
OMFG keep that Don Julio son of a bitch away from me.... i dunno what it was, but i was at a Double tree hotel in austin, went down to the bar to get a shot of patron, didn't have it, asked for a jagerbomb, didn't have jager, so they suggested don julio silver lable.... omfg it smelled like paint thinner, i was like, fk it... i'll take it like a man. The shit didn't even clear my throat, it came flying out my nose. Major burnination.

I had tears coming out of my eyes for the next 3 hours, it did clean my sinuses out though... fkn a. I'll stick to Patron.

oh, and Kmatt, by saying i'm saving up, in no way did i mean that i'll actually save up enough money in the coming month... possibly a year or two maybe....

This post has been edited by Crackabean on Sep 8 2004, 11:39 PM

Posted: Sep 8 2004, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Crackabean @ Sep 9 2004, 01:38 AM)
OMFG keep that Don Julio son of a bitch away from me.... i dunno what it was, but i was at a Double tree hotel in austin, went down to the bar to get a shot of patron, didn't have it, asked for a jagerbomb, didn't have jager, so they suggested don julio silver lable.... omfg it smelled like paint thinner, i was like, fk it... i'll take it like a man. The shit didn't even clear my throat, it came flying out my nose. Major burnination.

I had tears coming out of my eyes for the next 3 hours, it did clean my sinuses out though... fkn a. I'll stick to Patron.

oh, and Kmatt, by saying i'm saving up, in no way did i mean that i'll actually save up enough money in the coming month... possibly a year or two maybe....

Are you sure it was Don Julio? That is $50/bottle tequila, which is so smooth, we were sipping it with ice and a lime twist.